Man City Charged

Everything football related in here please.

Man City Charged

Postby Blue on Blue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39333531

Ridiculous, clearly bent !
However, i don't know how our players could defend Clichy after his high kick, which was also ridiculous !
Blue on Blue
Gerrard Weikens Style Legend

Re: Man City Charged

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 pm

The players should know only the captain can talk to the ref, but the FA were never going to miss a chance like this of getting more money out of us, even though Clichy he got the ball before the man it was a foul therefore a penalty, still waiting to see if the FA charge Milner, for a foul that should also have resulted in a sending off and a penalty, after all the ref didn't see it but so far all is quiet from the FA.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 am

City being charged by the FA for not controlling our players in the 50th minute when the Liverpool penalty given is hardly surprising.
But equally, if Oliver Hardy can spot the high foot then his failure to spot two blatant penalties in the same move on Aguero and then Sterling also needs to be brought to account.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Blue on Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Yeah your not kidding
Blue on Blue
Gerrard Weikens Style Legend

Postby Lancsblue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 pm

I was at the match and I have to say I used to think that Oliver was a fair and unbiased referee. However, after the match I have changed my opinion completely, to me that was the worst performance by a ref I think I have seen at home. And for the FA to charge us is utter bollox

For once I watched the match on Match of the day! and I have to say I was gobsmacked that the match had not been" doctored" You can see quite clearly, just before Kun score that there No 17 pushed Kun off balance and also tried to give him a dig. During the Stirling attempt Kun was trying to get into position and their No 17 AGAIN had both arms wrapped around Kun and was defiantly impeding him, Milner without a shadow of a doubt in my mind hacked Stirling down with Oliver AND the linesman looking directly at it!!

I also think that their player was offside for the (jubious) penalty and that was why the players were so incensed, leading up to that Skiverpool were just running through our players with virtual impunity and most of them I think will be bruised to bloody hell.

When you think how many games we have had affected by dubious refereeing decisions this season it will have a serious impact of our final position. Spurs 2-2 when we should have won by at least a couple of goals. Their second goal was the result of a foul and the penalty we didn't get. Chealski, we were robbed of at least two points in that game, effectively, we are 6 points down on where we should be. That would cut Chealskis' lead down to 3 points instead of 12. Might make a hell of a difference come the end of the season.
Ruining football since 2014
Lancsblue
Reserve Team Member

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 pm

I would say we could be about 10 points better off, if we had got the decisions we should have got, Oliver was a good referee when he first came into the league, but like all officials once the FA get at them they change, I would say in the English league we have not got one top referee, the best I have seen for giving both team a fair game is NEIL Swarbrick, the FA will soon put that right if he goes against the teams they want at the top.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 pm

It is either:
[1] The clear Media bias against us is starting to affect referees. The Media is only interested in clicks these days and has lost whatever rectitude or professional principles it once had. A such stories about us are never positive. The club don't want to make a fuss about it but clearly this is having zero effect. As such It is time for the club to come down hard on media outlets that peddle bollocks. Sadly, the MUEN is just about the worst of the lot, which it shouldn't be.
[2] Premeditated Bias. For example the Premier League clearly want United to succeed rather than us.
[3] Corruption. I really don't want this to be the case, but sadly, I fear Football is totally corrupt, as a book being published later this year will testify. The book will be called "Football is Fixed" and details will be found here http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:It is either:
[1] The clear Media bias against us is starting to affect referees. The Media is only interested in clicks these days and has lost whatever rectitude or professional principles it once had. A such stories about us are never positive. The club don't want to make a fuss about it but clearly this is having zero effect. As such It is time for the club to come down hard on media outlets that peddle bollocks. Sadly, the MUEN is just about the worst of the lot, which it shouldn't be.
[2] Premeditated Bias. For example the Premier League clearly want United to succeed rather than us.
[3] Corruption. I really don't want this to be the case, but sadly, I fear Football is totally corrupt, as a book being published later this year will testify. The book will be called "Football is Fixed" and details will be found here http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/

I would love the club to flex it's muscle and ban these media people, Ferguson wouldn't stand for it and neither should we, only problem is we have a weak and lazy PR department, they should also tell the press what they can't ask the manager about in the after match interview, but all they do is stand to one said and do nothing, we need a PR department with a backbone and right now we have anything but.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:16 am

I'm not sure the PR dept it is weak and lazy. I just think that they are under instructions to be low profile and that eventually we will gain sufficient fans for it to be irrelevant. Whatever, it doesn't work and it needs to change.
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Return to MCFC Forum