Are we going to regret this....

Everything football related in here please.

Are we going to regret this....

Postby Lancsblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Well watching both matches on TV today I dont think the title race could be any closer, ase we going to regret the penalty Ryhad Marez missed at Liverpool? had he had scored we would be in a much better position now. I have to admit I an NOT impressed with him one little bit I think he will be a huge waste of money
Ruining football since 2014
Lancsblue
Reserve Team Member

Re: Are we going to regret this....

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Myself I think he will become good for us, he has all the skills needed to be a top player, but just maybe he as tired to hard to impress the fans instead of just playing the football he knows he can play, just like Sterling was when he first came he had people doubting he was for us.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:50 pm

i'll say this again its ours to lose, not liverpools to win.
its ALL down to us.
Blue on Blue
Gerrard Weikens Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:02 am

We'd be 2 points clear with a game in hand.
Mahrez has disappointed me greatly I'm afraid.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:06 am

Mr-Ed wrote:We'd be 2 points clear with a game in hand.
Mahrez has disappointed me greatly I'm afraid.

Agree but what about the defeats we have had against teams we should have won against, so it not just one mistake that as left us in the position we are in just now, but it is still down to how we finish the season.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 am

I don't think that Riyad Mahrez penalty miss has a thing to do with losing the title or winning the title, yes the points would be different, but we might not have won all the other games we have done, Liverpool might have won games they have drawn since then, they might have drew with us at the Etihad, as they could have shoved 11 men behind the ball, all other factors that would have been different as the situations at the time would have been different.

We lost to Crystal Palace at home, Leicester a week after giving them a lesson with our kids in the Carabao Cup, Newcastle after taking the lead inside 25 seconds and then never having another shot at goal, drew with Wolves when Boly was allowed to be offside and thump the ball into the net, and plenty of others have helped to put City in the position we find ourselves, I regret them a lot more than I do Mahrez missing a penalty, even Aguero missed one the other day, yet nobody went onto Social Media or the Fans forums to slate and lambast him afterwards, only Mahrez, Jesus or Mendy get treatment like that.

Mahrez for me is a alternative to what we really wanted, we were after Sanchez and missed out, so Pep got the next best option he could and that was Mahrez, he tries too hard, only has one trick, doesn't tackle or work hard enough off the ball, but he is better than what we are seeing, as he never gets a run of games, his sole role at this club is to give a break to both Sterling and Sane at times and not reduce the outlay of quality from the team in general, and it works, he is not a first choice, and will not be anytime soon, but I would rather have him out wide than pigeon-hole a midfielder there like Bernardo Silva or Kevin De Bruyne and thus take away all their quality for no end product, get them in their best positions and they will rip it up, if Sancho had not thrown his dummy out of the pram, he might have been 3rd choice (or Diaz), but we were left scraping around looking for someone good enough to hold their own and with the ability to both score and create, and we found one.

9 goals 10 assists and not even played most of the games this season.
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Mr-Ed » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 am

We should have told Jadon Sancho he'd play in a 1/4 of all City games. Water under the bridge though now.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Return to MCFC Forum