Cancelo Signs for City

Everything football related in here please.

Cancelo Signs for City

Postby Mr-Ed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Cancelo Signs for City (£60m) in exchange for Danilo (£34.1m) signing for Juventus. A Net fee of £25.9m.

A great player who can play right or left back.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: Cancelo Signs for City

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 pm

He is a wingback so it as been said, so he likes to get forward but we need him to defend, Danilo was more of a defender but we will have to see if Cancelo can defend like we hope he can.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 pm

He'll be great, Kolarov was similar.. wasnt the best defender in the world, but we won cups with him in the team.
his speed down the wing was great
Blue on Blue
Gerrard Weikens Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Old Blue, not sure we need our fullbacks to defend much.

Mendy, Zinchenko, Angelino, Walker and Cancelo are not what we would call "defenders", well not in the mould of a Tony Book or Glyn Pardoe type anyhow, instead they are attackers who have been dropped back to play there, players who could play on the wing and not a difference be seen.

We are on the front foot for 65-70% of the game each week, it is pointless getting a fullback just because he is a decent defender but offers fuck all going forward (ala Gael Clichy), as his main attribute will never be required, but Pep likes full backs who can attack and not for their defensive abilities, just look at all his previous ones (Dani Alves and Jordi Alba at Barcelona, David Alaba and Joshua Kimmich at Bayern Munich and even at City it has been wingers at LB or Kolarov before he left)

I have never seen this lad play, but he is 2 years younger than Danilo, a full International for Portugal and to get him on a 6 year deal at only £25.9m is a good deal if you ask me, just a pity it needed for Danilo to have to leave, as I didn't think he had done anything wrong during his 2 years here.
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:16 pm

BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:Old Blue, not sure we need our fullbacks to defend much.

Mendy, Zinchenko, Angelino, Walker and Cancelo are not what we would call "defenders", well not in the mould of a Tony Book or Glyn Pardoe type anyhow, instead they are attackers who have been dropped back to play there, players who could play on the wing and not a difference be seen.

We are on the front foot for 65-70% of the game each week, it is pointless getting a fullback just because he is a decent defender but offers fuck all going forward (ala Gael Clichy), as his main attribute will never be required, but Pep likes full backs who can attack and not for their defensive abilities, just look at all his previous ones (Dani Alves and Jordi Alba at Barcelona, David Alaba and Joshua Kimmich at Bayern Munich and even at City it has been wingers at LB or Kolarov before he left)

I have never seen this lad play, but he is 2 years younger than Danilo, a full International for Portugal and to get him on a 6 year deal at only £25.9m is a good deal if you ask me, just a pity it needed for Danilo to have to leave, as I didn't think he had done anything wrong during his 2 years here.

Agree about Danilo i couldn't see what he as done wrong, maybe it was because he wanted to play more that he as moved on, as for defending full backs sorry but we will need players back to stop the other teams wingers, we may have more of the ball so attack more than we defend, but there comes a time in a game when we are not on top in that game, but lets see how we defend when under pressure, i know we are not under pressure that much in a game but it can happen, but i have total trust in Pep and how we play, so you maybe right he may not need to defend that much.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to MCFC Forum