Peps contract.

Everything football related in here please.

Peps contract.

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:49 am

In an interview Pep was asked could he stay longer than 2021, his answer was yes he would be open to extending his contract with City, he said it would depend on how things are going with the players and if the club wanted him, if he his happy with the players and how they respond to his demands on the way we play, then he will stay i would guess, that should put a stop to all this Bayern want him and he was happy at Bayern so he might go from the press, i can't see ant reason why City should want to let him go, as he has said he likes the club and Manchester and there is no doubt we the fans love him and we all would love him to star, he has changed the way we play and the results we have got have won us trophies, so i can't see the club wanting another manager when we already have the best.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:19 pm

hes not perfect but what manager is, for me there is nobody better out there.
I just hope his wife returns, without her he lacks that "pep" he had !
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:08 am

Hope he stays for another 4 or 5 seasons, but i do wish he'd mix up our attacking tactics a bit more to keep our opponents guessing - especially more balls down the channels and the occasional ball over the top.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:41 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:Hope he stays for another 4 or 5 seasons, but i do wish he'd mix up our attacking tactics a bit more to keep our opponents guessing - especially more balls down the channels and the occasional ball over the top.

I'm with you on this when things are not going as we would like, then a change of the way we go about things would be a good idea, if players can play with the ball and use it then it wouldn't need a drastic change, just a change on what we do for a game here or there.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Mr-Ed wrote:Hope he stays for another 4 or 5 seasons, but i do wish he'd mix up our attacking tactics a bit more to keep our opponents guessing - especially more balls down the channels and the occasional ball over the top.

I'm with you on this when things are not going as we would like, then a change of the way we go about things would be a good idea, if players can play with the ball and use it then it wouldn't need a drastic change, just a change on what we do for a game here or there.

Exactly!
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Blue on Blue » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 am

For me his heads gone a bit, he used to all over the 90 mins with the right subs and tactics.
He was doing it right, now hes not. Somethings off kilter, i think he suffers a bit of depression and mental exhaustion, its reminds me of myself.
Might be wrong but i just read the body language. His wife could be his mental rock.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:44 pm

It as been in the papers now for weeks in some form or other, that Pep will be gone either at the end of this season or next, that say to me that every one wants Pep out not City fans or even the club, but they are all scared of what Pep can do with City if he stays, now it would seem that Juventus want Pep or the papers say it Juventus, but what does Pep want that is what i would like to know, does he want to stay longer than the end of next season or not, and we need to get players coming to the end of their contract to either sign a extension, or make it clear to the club that they want to move on, if it's the latter then we should look for there replacement and move them out while we can get money for them, if Pep goes i would like to know who we will look to get, for me it would be Mancini as i think he changed this club from a half decent one into the club it is now, yes Pep as took it on to a higher level but under Mancini we won our first league title in 44 years, and that must say something about the way he brought this team forward into the team it as become under Pep.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Old_Blue wrote:It as been in the papers now for weeks in some form or other, that Pep will be gone either at the end of this season or next, that say to me that every one wants Pep out not City fans or even the club, but they are all scared of what Pep can do with City if he stays, now it would seem that Juventus want Pep or the papers say it Juventus, but what does Pep want that is what i would like to know, does he want to stay longer than the end of next season or not, and we need to get players coming to the end of their contract to either sign a extension, or make it clear to the club that they want to move on, if it's the latter then we should look for there replacement and move them out while we can get money for them, if Pep goes i would like to know who we will look to get, for me it would be Mancini as i think he changed this club from a half decent one into the club it is now, yes Pep as took it on to a higher level but under Mancini we won our first league title in 44 years, and that must say something about the way he brought this team forward into the team it as become under Pep.

The only problem with Mancini is he's literally a different person now, he's gone through a divorce, got a new woman, hes got the top job in italian football... you name it its all changed.
He's certainly in a much better place career wise as he was when he came to us, i cant see him going for it to be honest as much as he loved us lot, and really i cant blame him.
I could be totally wrong on that, but even if he wanted to come back here i bet his new woman might have something to say about that, and she is pretty much italy based herself with all her commitments etc.. similar to peps situation with his mrs.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:It as been in the papers now for weeks in some form or other, that Pep will be gone either at the end of this season or next, that say to me that every one wants Pep out not City fans or even the club, but they are all scared of what Pep can do with City if he stays, now it would seem that Juventus want Pep or the papers say it Juventus, but what does Pep want that is what i would like to know, does he want to stay longer than the end of next season or not, and we need to get players coming to the end of their contract to either sign a extension, or make it clear to the club that they want to move on, if it's the latter then we should look for there replacement and move them out while we can get money for them, if Pep goes i would like to know who we will look to get, for me it would be Mancini as i think he changed this club from a half decent one into the club it is now, yes Pep as took it on to a higher level but under Mancini we won our first league title in 44 years, and that must say something about the way he brought this team forward into the team it as become under Pep.

The only problem with Mancini is he's literally a different person now, he's gone through a divorce, got a new woman, hes got the top job in italian football... you name it its all changed.
He's certainly in a much better place career wise as he was when he came to us, i cant see him going for it to be honest as much as he loved us lot, and really i cant blame him.
I could be totally wrong on that, but even if he wanted to come back here i bet his new woman might have something to say about that, and she is pretty much italy based herself with all her commitments etc.. similar to peps situation with his mrs.

If and When Pep decides to leave, it won't be this summer though that is for sure, and I hope he will extend his contract at City and stay for longer than 2021, but when he does make the position vacant then I would like one of either, Max Allegri, Antonio Conte or Diego Simeone to be the ones who we get after that, yes the style will change for sure, but the brilliance of the manager will stay there and the one thing we would be 100% sure of as fans is the players give 100% effort AT ALL TIMES, and not throw the towel in like Bernardo Silva said our lads did this season 3 weeks ago.........maybe the fans should throw the towel in
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Blue on Blue » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:00 pm

BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:

If and When Pep decides to leave, it won't be this summer though that is for sure, and I hope he will extend his contract at City and stay for longer than 2021, but when he does make the position vacant then I would like one of either, Max Allegri, Antonio Conte or Diego Simeone to be the ones who we get after that, yes the style will change for sure, but the brilliance of the manager will stay there and the one thing we would be 100% sure of as fans is the players give 100% effort AT ALL TIMES, and not throw the towel in like Bernardo Silva said our lads did this season 3 weeks ago.........maybe the fans should throw the towel in

Yeah ive kinda got the vibe off the team a while ago, thats why ive generally lost interest this season too, because the team appeared not to be arsed.. which has permeated out to the fans.
The notion of giving up though, thats surely got to come from the manager upwards though ?
Couple of seasons ago he said you dont give til the last game has been played... now he's thrown in the towel himself. Some might say its mind games, i say bollocks... he's lost his oomph since his mrs did one as far as im concerned, other people might think different, but i reckon its the dead cert reason. It's without doubt changed the dynamism he had.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Next

Return to MCFC Forum