Peps contract.

Everything football related in here please.

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Putting pressure on himself again I see by saying the club could sack him if he loses to Real Madrid.
Why on earth does he do it?
I'd love him to stay with us for years, but if he doesn't renew before, or during the summer, then we should probably replace him this summer otherwise next season (his last on the current contract) will probably be a dead season.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
User avatar
Mr-Ed
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9938
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Mr-Ed's stable

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 pm

I think what Pep is doing is telling the players they have to up their game, Pep is never going to stay at City for another ten years, but he his a winner and as made us winners also, but this season players have let themselves down, i can't see Pep ever being satisfied with second best, for me he may leave when his contract is up, but i doubt he is happy with our form and he would want it to be better, some players are coming to the end of their time at City, but finding a replacement for them is proving difficult, this could all come down to Peps home life, is his wife with him, is he happy that we are doing all we can as a club to get the players in he wants, and is anyone at the club putting undue pressure on him to win trophies, every team would like to win a trophy but not all can, i still think we can win two at least, but if we win none so be it, it's not the end of the world and there is always next season.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Blue on Blue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:31 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:Putting pressure on himself again I see by saying the club could sack him if he loses to Real Madrid.
Why on earth does he do it?
I'd love him to stay with us for years, but if he doesn't renew before, or during the summer, then we should probably replace him this summer otherwise next season (his last on the current contract) will probably be a dead season.


This isnt the pep we know, giving up before weve even kicked the ball, the whole wife in barca thing is clearly doing his head in, he's lost his drive, lost his aggression, bloody hell, not good this !
If this is his idea of getting his players to rise to the challenge, then ive never seen this tactic work before, and it wont this time either !
I actually think he likes it at City, but i think bigger forces are clanging around his head, and if he does leave our club early for the sake of his sanity, then fair enough. If he buggered off to another club though straight after, id never forgive the mofo !
User avatar
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: Southport

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 pm

Today Peps agent as side he will honer his contract, so it would now seem that Pep will still be at City until the end of next season, i hope he will stay longer but before that we have to win this case with the bent UEFA, we know their are people who are attached to UEFA, that have links with the league clubs LiVARpool, United, PSG and B Dortmund, so if that is not bent i don't know what is.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Blue on Blue » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:06 pm

Loves the club he said it himself, that will do for me.
User avatar
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: Southport

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:54 am

Good news. I hope he renews. That would be the icing on the cake.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
User avatar
Mr-Ed
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9938
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Mr-Ed's stable

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:42 am

Blue on Blue wrote:Loves the club he said it himself, that will do for me.


I hope he does, but when asked the question i would hope that would have been his answer, he has this and next season before he needs to renew his contract, but i hope this is wrong that i have heard his wife as gone back to Spain, if she has then he might well go back also when is contract is over, he has a wife and that is big pull i would guess for him and his family.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: Peps contract.

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:02 am

He came out for the umpteenth time last night and stated that "Unless they sack me, I will be here until the end of my contract", and yet people still question if he is serious or not.

He never states a year when he says the end of my contract, just that he will remain until then if he is not sacked, that also leaves the door open to extending his contract, something I am 100% sure the club will attempt to do, and if he wants to continue he signs, if not then he lets it run out and walks off into the sunset job done here in establishing Manchester City as the best team by a country mile in this country.

His Wife went back to Spain to sort out her business over there, not sure what business it is, but she runs a business in Barcelona that was apparently not doing too great whilst she was here, all her family apart from Pep and the kids are in Spain, Pep and his nippers are here in the UK and obviously go back when time permits, school holidays, winter breaks, no game for a while etc.

I don't expect him to stay forever, I wish he could and he would, but that doesn't happen anymore, but I am still very very hopeful that he will add another 2-3 years onto his current deal here, even if that is then DEFINATELY it.

Sterling, Bernardo Silva, and now Pep have killed the hopes of the chosen cartel and UK Media, and I am sure the others would if they were asked, the only people going from City next season will be Angelino, Bravo, Carson, David Silva and Leroy Sane for definate, there is then a "possibility" of Otamendi and/or Stones also being allowed to go, the others are all under long term deals and so will be going nowhere, whether they wanted to or not without the club wishing to sell them, they can ask all they want, they can cry all they want, but they are all under long term deals and so the club could simply say "Yes they are all available for £300m each"
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: Peps contract.

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:30 am

BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:He came out for the umpteenth time last night and stated that "Unless they sack me, I will be here until the end of my contract", and yet people still question if he is serious or not.

He never states a year when he says the end of my contract, just that he will remain until then if he is not sacked, that also leaves the door open to extending his contract, something I am 100% sure the club will attempt to do, and if he wants to continue he signs, if not then he lets it run out and walks off into the sunset job done here in establishing Manchester City as the best team by a country mile in this country.

His Wife went back to Spain to sort out her business over there, not sure what business it is, but she runs a business in Barcelona that was apparently not doing too great whilst she was here, all her family apart from Pep and the kids are in Spain, Pep and his nippers are here in the UK and obviously go back when time permits, school holidays, winter breaks, no game for a while etc.

I don't expect him to stay forever, I wish he could and he would, but that doesn't happen anymore, but I am still very very hopeful that he will add another 2-3 years onto his current deal here, even if that is then DEFINATELY it.

Sterling, Bernardo Silva, and now Pep have killed the hopes of the chosen cartel and UK Media, and I am sure the others would if they were asked, the only people going from City next season will be Angelino, Bravo, Carson, David Silva and Leroy Sane for definate, there is then a "possibility" of Otamendi and/or Stones also being allowed to go, the others are all under long term deals and so will be going nowhere, whether they wanted to or not without the club wishing to sell them, they can ask all they want, they can cry all they want, but they are all under long term deals and so the club could simply say "Yes they are all available for £300m each"


I can't see the club standing in anybody way if the want to go, but so far not one player as said they will leave if we are kicked out of UEFA, but if what Mr Soriano as said is true and i have no doubt it is, we will win this appeal and we should then ask the judge to make UEFA pay all our cost.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Previous

Return to MCFC Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Mr-Ed and 61 guests