Everton (H)

Everything football related in here please.

Everton (H)

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:21 am

Good win. The only problem was the Bravo Brain Fart that led to their goal. I was very impressed with Jesus, Garcia and Fernandinho tonight. De Bruyne and Foden look like they will make a good partnership too.

Can anyone tell me why Calvert Lewin only got a yellow card whereas Ederson got a red card against Wolves?
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: Everton (H)

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:56 pm

When a keeper makes a mistake it normally ends up in a goal, but we need to start playing like we have in other seasons, when we have won the league, i can't see us winning the league this season not with this VAR doing it's worst, but if we can play like we know we can then we can at least finish second, and win a cup or two or three.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:30 pm

Var is crap and we've been hit hard by it.
But I don't think it excuses our failings to be honest.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm

If we had the same "luck" with VAR as Liverpool we would only be 7 points behind.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Huey Blue » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:09 am

Mr-Ed wrote:If we had the same "luck" with VAR as Liverpool we would only be 7 points behind.

See Michael Oliver actually went to view the monitor and made a decision that it was a 'red' card.

Hallelujah :thumbup: Hopefully, the rest will follow suit and we might start getting some sensible decisions.
VAR = Ruining Football since 2019
Huey Blue
Shaun Goater MBE

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Huey Blue wrote:
Mr-Ed wrote:If we had the same "luck" with VAR as Liverpool we would only be 7 points behind.

See Michael Oliver actually went to view the monitor and made a decision that it was a 'red' card.

Hallelujah :thumbup: Hopefully, the rest will follow suit and we might start getting some sensible decisions.

Unfortunately this only happened because it was a red card offence he was looking at, what the league should do is make the rules clear, offside should be when a played is in front of the defender not the toe of a boot, and only the onfield ref should make the final decision, and no line just the players in view, and the onfield ref can look at it and as only two seconds to make his decision, he as too make a decision quickly just like when he is refereeing in a game, refs have always made the odd mistake, but they only have one look at the incident in question, and that is how it should be even when the ref as to look at a monitor, two seconds is longer than the time he had originally when play was happening in the game.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Michael Oliver.......THAT is one twat I wish I could see the bleeding end of, career injury wise or other means, and if I was a player, one man who would NEVER officiate a game again, as I would thump him continuously until the paramedics arrived to his aid, just as soon as I had played enough weeks to retire comfortably (around 10 weeks).....the most useless excuse for sperm that I can ever think of is that twat.
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Blue on Blue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:15 pm

BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:Michael Oliver.......THAT is one twat I wish I could see the bleeding end of, career injury wise or other means, and if I was a player, one man who would NEVER officiate a game again, as I would thump him continuously until the paramedics arrived to his aid, just as soon as I had played enough weeks to retire comfortably (around 10 weeks).....the most useless excuse for sperm that I can ever think of is that twat.

Yep, agree with that !
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:
BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:Michael Oliver.......THAT is one twat I wish I could see the bleeding end of, career injury wise or other means, and if I was a player, one man who would NEVER officiate a game again, as I would thump him continuously until the paramedics arrived to his aid, just as soon as I had played enough weeks to retire comfortably (around 10 weeks).....the most useless excuse for sperm that I can ever think of is that twat.

Yep, agree with that !

Funnily enough when he first became a premier League ref he was one of the better ones, but over time he has gone like the rest, thinking it is all about him, Pierluigi Collina was without a shadow of doubt the best ref i have ever seen refereeing a game, yet you only knew he was there when he had to either reprimand a player, or he pointed to his eyes saying without even using words [i saw that so don't try and fool me, so don't do it again] players didn't push their luck when he was the ref, i just wish he would become a trainer to people who want to become a ref, and this game would be in good hands if refs copied him, to could copy him would be good, but i doubt anybody would be that good.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to MCFC Forum