City transfers

Everything football related in here please.

City transfers

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:35 pm

Do you think we should invest in the January transfer window, it would seem Pep is not going to buy anybody this January, and i think that is what City and Pep should stand by, do we need anybody just now?, no i myself don't think so as who would be available at this time that would help us improve, we are not that desperate as we have some very good prospects at the club right now.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: City transfers

Postby Huey Blue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Agree, anyone of interest will big money, and why spend when we don't need to.
We should comfortably make top 4 and Champions League and may pick up a trophy along the way.
We need to look at the options for next season with David Silva and the following season with Sergio possibly on his way home?
VAR = Ruining Football since 2019
Huey Blue
Shaun Goater MBE

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Huey Blue wrote:Agree, anyone of interest will big money, and why spend when we don't need to.
We should comfortably make top 4 and Champions League and may pick up a trophy along the way.
We need to look at the options for next season with David Silva and the following season with Sergio possibly on his way home?

I would want to keep Pep and let him do his job, i am sure he would know what position and who he wants to fill that position, we can't win the league every year, but we can keep on winning it with the right manager but not every year. Pep is by far the best manager we could get, how long he stays will come down to how much he feels wanted, and if he as the last word on who he want's and the club back him
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:43 pm

We need two top quality centre halves.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Blue on Blue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Yeah we need a defence, and then we need cover for that defence.
We've got plenty up front capable of scoring if only we could stop screwing up at the back..
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:44 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:We need two top quality centre halves.

Myself i disagree about our centre backs, both the ones we have can do better when they are fully fit. i don't think we need two new centre backs because they are good enough for me, i doubt any player can play well all the time, centre back need a partner by their side week in week out they know, form can come and go and i know Pep will know more than anyone of us if he has the right players in place, even Aguero doesn't play all the time, but i wouldn't change him for any other striker right now.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am

Look at Liverpool for a second and look at the man at the back, Virgil.. hes like a young Vinnie.
Its no over exageration to say he is the reason they are where they are now.
If you think we have one player in our defence that is fit to lace his boots, then please educate me.
And Laporte is pretty decent, but hes no Vinnie Kompany and he is no Virgil VD.
For me, we need to do exactly what mancini did, sort out the back and the rest will follow.
This is Peps failing for me, he believes in total football, and while thats great, its not great if all your team isnt great.
Our team isnt in the league of the barcelona pep managed, certainly not in the defence stakes.
Look at the defensive lineup pep managed at barca, it had some real top players in it add to that an unplayable player "messi".
I dont think we have ONE world class defender anymore, Laporte at a push..
We have some great midfielders/wingers and a decent striker or two, but thats its for me..
Whereas Liverpool lack a proper midfield, yet have a great strike power that convert the majority of chances and a cracking defence.
Thats the difference this season, injuries or not, we should be able to cope no matter who comes on from our squad and we simply havent..

Christ.. even kids youve never heard of at liverpool are popping up left right and centre and looking the part, so they are doing something right that were not at the moment.
Thats what i reckon anyway.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:Look at Liverpool for a second and look at the man at the back, Virgil.. hes like a young Vinnie.
If you think we have one player in our defence that is fit to lace his boots, then please educate me.
For me, we need to do exactly what mancini did, sort out the back and the rest will follow.
This is Peps failing for me, he believes in total football, and while thats great, its not great if all your team isnt great.
Our team isnt in the league of the barcelona pep managed, certainly not in the defence stakes.
Look at the defensive lineup pep managed at barca, it had some real top players in it add to that an unplayable player "messi".
We have some great midfielders/wingers and a decent striker or two, but thats its for me..
Whereas Liverpool lack a proper midfield, yet have a great strike power that convert the majority of chances and a cracking defence.
Thats the difference this season, injuries or not, we should be able to cope no matter who comes on from our squad and we simply havent..

Christ.. even kids youve never heard of at liverpool are popping up left right and centre and looking the part, so they are doing something right that were not at the moment.

Vinnie was good Virgil is also good, but that are not the only two centre backs in the game, we need a centre back who can read the game Laporte could be that player, if neither him or Stones or Harwood-Bellis are good enough, then Pep will look for someone who is, and LiVARpool are not where they are because of one man, this season the players are all playing well as a team, and it could be that that is making them as good as they are playing right now, not just one centre back.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Look at Liverpool for a second and look at the man at the back, Virgil.. hes like a young Vinnie.

Vinnie was good Virgil is also good, but that are not the only two centre backs in the game, we need a centre back who can read the game Laporte could be that player, if neither him or Stones or Harwood-Bellis are good enough, then Pep will look for someone who is, and LiVARpool are not where they are because of one man, this season the players are all playing well as a team, and it could be that that is making them as good as they are playing right now, not just one centre back.

Two things changed liverpool,

Virgil Van Dijk and Becker..
the solidity of those two allowed three young defenders to develop quickly, trent, gomez and robinson. the concerning thing is they are really young !
you cant underestimate the importance the calmness and maturity that virgil has offered the bedrock of that team.
they were pretty good before he came, but after he settled in and they got a world class goalie... the whole game changed.
mind you, we havent helped ourselves this season, lets face it..
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:54 pm

Van Dijk is hardly young, the man is 28 and will be 29 when next season starts, he is a good player but they have fuck all else in the middle if he was to get an injury, but if he is allowed to handle the ball, throw players around, barg into the back of them, knee them in the back and get away with ALL of that then he is going to look invincible isn't he?, and he does get away and has got away with all that stuff, good player yes, but never stood out like this for Celtic, Southampton or even Holland, as at them clubs, he didn't get away with the things he does at VAR.

In answer to this question then YES Pep and City should be spending in January, but the longer they go without addressing the issue then the longer it lingers and the worse it gets as the players who COULD help will be gone........we could get Boateng back for free if we wanted as Arsenal are looking into that deal, and he would shore up the middle of the defence instead of putting Fernandinho in there and wasting him, we also have Laporte due back soon, and Garcia, for me they should be our CB pairing for a long time from start of next season and THB as their back up, but we need an experienced head in that position to replace Kompany, needed it in August and September and still do now, as we didn't do our job properly last window........Stones is always injured and Otamendi is crap.

Midfield wise, we have nothing central if Foden and De Bruyne are not on form, as for some fucking reason we continue to play Bernardo out wide, and David Silva this season has been rubbish, lets not get me started on Gundogan or our other lack of options in that area of the field, the area games are won and lost, we have very very few options available to us, VAR, UShited and Spurs have enough to field an entire team of midfielders.......we needed 2-3 of them AFTER Rodri in the close season and got none, and we also need to get another issue sorted.........

We need to fuck Sane the turncoat and whinging twat off and get his replacement in NOW, not when he goes this summer to sit on the bench of Bayern as often as he does City........every third game on average........and then start to look for them, as it is too late then, identify who we want now and go and get them, also we need to forget about the cost of the player in question and this bullshit FFP and passing their rules etc.....fuck FFP and spend what is needed to get the players Pep needs and wants to push us forward again next season, because at this rate we are being overtaken and left behind by VAR, and they have already signed another midfielder this winter and will make more signings in the summer, with Mbappe and Goetze expected to mover to VAR.......all the while we tread water.

When we win the title, our transfer dealings are shit, when we don't win the title the following chance they get to buy players they hit gold........I do not understand how they can be inept when on the top of the hill, and hit every blade of grass when falling.
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Next

Return to MCFC Forum