City transfers

Everything football related in here please.

Re: City transfers

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:57 pm

Pep said he was not going to buy anybody this transfer window, and at 6pm on transfer deadline day we have not made a move for anyone, but we have moved Angelino out on loan to RB Leipzig with a possible £25million sale in Summer, who will we look to buy if anybody this Summer, we have been named with quite a few players but that could just be paper talk, it would seem that Pep is keeping his cards close to his chest.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: City transfers

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Yep never thought Angelino was good enough, and I think pep did right here..
Just need that dead-weight Stones gone.. and Ota-liability.
Defence is where were in trouble, get that sorted the rest will tighten up including the finishing.
User avatar
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: Southport

Re: City transfers

Postby Old_Blue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:33 am

Blue on Blue wrote:Yep never thought Angelino was good enough, and I think pep did right here..
Just need that dead-weight Stones gone.. and Ota-liability.
Defence is where were in trouble, get that sorted the rest will tighten up including the finishing.



I will agree with you on Angelino, but just maybe we need a leader in defence, like we had when Kompany played for us, right now I don't see that player at the club, Stones is not that man and neither is LaPorte as I see it, LaPorte is the better player but we need a defensive king pin who can lead the defence like Kompany did.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: City transfers

Postby Mr-Ed » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Mr-Ed wrote:We need two top quality centre halves.



Myself i disagree about our centre backs, both the ones we have can do better when they are fully fit. i don't think we need two new centre backs because they are good enough for me, i doubt any player can play well all the time, centre back need a partner by their side week in week out they know, form can come and go and i know Pep will know more than anyone of us if he has the right players in place, even Aguero doesn't play all the time, but i wouldn't change him for any other striker right now.


Otamendi is a lose cannon.
Stones personal life issues (stemming from his marriage break up) have made him a liability.

Laporte is the best left sided defender in the country.
Garcia is effing superb for his age.
We need at least one superb right sided centre half. Personally I think we need two.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
User avatar
Mr-Ed
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9926
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Mr-Ed's stable

Re: City transfers

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:33 am

You may not believe this but we are in prime position to sign Messi if he doesn't stay at Barcelona, now a few years ago i would have jumped for joy if we looked like Messi was going to be our player, but at 32 his he anywhere near the Messi we all know, 622 goals in 711 games is one hell of a return for the club, but i think he would not be that player for us as he can only have at best two seasons left in a glittering career, now having said all that it's in the Sun newspaper so we can take it with a pinch of salt that he could leave Barcelona and come to City, his name alone would fill any stadium in the country, but also at 32 he can't be as good as the Messi we have all drooled over for many years, myself i don't see him coming to City unless he comes just because we have Pep, but one thing for sure all the players especially the young ones would see close up how the best player on the planet goes about his business, his skill with the ball will still be there, but his all round energy will have diminished and his quickness in thinking will be faster than his feet, if he comes great for the club but i can't see him coming to England from Spain at his age.

One other thing to think about, fancy Aguero and Messi in the same team with Sane and KDB, who in Gods name would the opposition look to mark as our danger men, and if and only if he came then Aguero could stay for longer and play with Messi, it is good to think about it but i can't see it happening sorry to say, but oh if he did the ground might have to get a bit bigger like a 60,000 seater as the one we have now might not be big enough, but it's me just wishing so take no notice but if it did, oh my God i need to have a lie down i think.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: City transfers

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Messi?
Probably just using us to get his own way at Barca. I'm not sure he'd do well for us either as the pace of the Premier League takes some getting used to.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
User avatar
Mr-Ed
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9926
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Mr-Ed's stable

Re: City transfers

Postby Blue on Blue » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Unless he can do the job of everyone on the team it would be seen as a massive failure.
we need to build a new team like klop did.
Its a nice romantic idea, but ultimately would be a load of bollocks in my opinion and put out development back even further .
User avatar
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: Southport

Re: City transfers

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:Unless he can do the job of everyone on the team it would be seen as a massive failure.
we need to build a new team like klop did.
Its a nice romantic idea, but ultimately would be a load of bollocks in my opinion and put out development back even further .


I can't see City and Messi coming together, but he could be a big help to they youth players if he did come, if they the youth players can't learn anything form him they need to be sold, but this i would think is the Sun news paper fantasising, i don't believe for a second that Barcelona would want to lose him.

One more thing I don't think we have a youth player that could lace Messi boots, but even as I doubt very much he would leave Barca for City, if he ever did then I do think we have some good young players, who could be working with the great man could only improve there game, for as I see it I have yet to see an outstanding youth player other than the two who are now in the first team squad, we don't need to build a new team like Klopp did we just need to improve the one we have.
User avatar
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Manchester where else [ City fan ]

Re: City transfers

Postby Blue on Blue » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Unless he can do the job of everyone on the team it would be seen as a massive failure.
we need to build a new team like klop did.
Its a nice romantic idea, but ultimately would be a load of bollocks in my opinion and put out development back even further .


I can't see City and Messi coming together, but he could be a big help to they youth players if he did come, if they the youth players can't learn anything form him they need to be sold, but this i would think is the Sun news paper fantasising, i don't believe for a second that Barcelona would want to lose him.

One more thing I don't think we have a youth player that could lace Messi boots, but even as I doubt very much he would leave Barca for City, if he ever did then I do think we have some good young players, who could be working with the great man could only improve there game, for as I see it I have yet to see an outstanding youth player other than the two who are now in the first team squad, we don't need to build a new team like Klopp did we just need to improve the one we have.


Hmmm I don't know, I think we do need to rebuild quite a lot.
We have a lot of age in the side, there's a lot to do in the closed season I reckon.
User avatar
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: Southport

Re: City transfers

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:53 am

Old_Blue wrote:You may not believe this but we are in prime position to sign Messi if he doesn't stay at Barcelona, now a few years ago i would have jumped for joy if we looked like Messi was going to be our player, but at 32 his he anywhere near the Messi we all know, 622 goals in 711 games is one hell of a return for the club, but i think he would not be that player for us as he can only have at best two seasons left in a glittering career, now having said all that it's in the Sun newspaper so we can take it with a pinch of salt that he could leave Barcelona and come to City, his name alone would fill any stadium in the country, but also at 32 he can't be as good as the Messi we have all drooled over for many years, myself i don't see him coming to City unless he comes just because we have Pep, but one thing for sure all the players especially the young ones would see close up how the best player on the planet goes about his business, his skill with the ball will still be there, but his all round energy will have diminished and his quickness in thinking will be faster than his feet, if he comes great for the club but i can't see him coming to England from Spain at his age.

One other thing to think about, fancy Aguero and Messi in the same team with Sane and KDB, who in Gods name would the opposition look to mark as our danger men, and if and only if he came then Aguero could stay for longer and play with Messi, it is good to think about it but i can't see it happening sorry to say, but oh if he did the ground might have to get a bit bigger like a 60,000 seater as the one we have now might not be big enough, but it's me just wishing so take no notice but if it did, oh my God i need to have a lie down i think.


It would be amazing if this was even a remote possibility, even at 32 years of age he is still the best football player on the planet, and there is a reason why the Barcelona hierachy have never sold him when he has had his run-ins with management before in the past, he has ALWAYS won the battle, and that is because he is that good he can win a game anywhere in the world on his own 9 times out of 10 at club level.

Where this falls down, is City will NEVER spend the money it would cost to get him, he would demand "apparently according to the media and SSN" a £50m NET salary, there is no way City would spend that much money on anybody, the superstars of the game will never be seen at the Etihad unless as a visiting player, as once the price goes over £70m then we back out, if there is a battle for the player, we always lose out and ultimately back out before the contract is signed at his new club.

We are trying to stay where we are on a shoestring in that way, we won't budge our budget, that is great in terms of wages and transfer fees to a point, but when your the only one doing that and ALL your challengers will spend the £70m+ whatever it costs to get that top player to them, then you will soon close up to them, and not the way you planned, as you would be going backwards.

I saw the City FA Youth Cup game yesterday and there is literally FUCK ALL coming through to get excited about, yes they won, they were played off the park all game and got lucky, the only players to play at a decent level were the black CB with a double barrelled name of African sounding origin, and the goalkeeper, the rest are abysmal, so we are going to be having to BUY our way out of the rot we are getting in with players aging and wanting off.

Lastly you stated that Messi along with Aguero would be mouthwatering, yes it would and would scare ALL the league to death, not too mention Europe, but forget Sane, as he will not be here for if Messi joins, as come July/August he is going to Munich and all the world know it.
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to MCFC Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Blue on Blue and 36 guests

cron