Carabao Cup SF 1st Leg - Utd (A)

Everything football related in here please.

Carabao Cup SF 1st Leg - Utd (A)

Postby Mr-Ed » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 pm

Great first half sloppy in the second.
We should have scored 6.
Ah well, there you go. At least the 2nd leg is still a game.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: Carabao Cup SF 1st Leg - Utd (A)

Postby Blue on Blue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 pm

We need to stand on their necks on the return leg
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Pep showed why he is regarded as if not the best but one of the best managers in the world, no City fan would have expected us to play without a striker away to the reds, but we did and were the best team and rightly won, our second half performance was not what we wanted after what we did in the first half, but Pep did something he has done in the past when manager of Barcelona, but this was i think the first time he has asked City to play without a recognised striker, and we looked far to good for the rags, can we now take that performance into our Premier League games, not the playing without a striker in every game but the football performance we showed last night.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Pissed this game, and it only took a 15 minute walk-through in training to come up with the plan and an idea of how to implement it.

We never even LOOKED to score a goal in the 2nd half, and was more than happy to take a 3-0 lead back to the Etihad in 3 weeks time and finish it off there in 10-15 minutes when we "click", hell, even when it went to 3-1 we weren't too bothered about it affecting the outcome of this tie, I firmly believe that had the scum of fluked a 2nd like they did the goal they got, then we would simply have walked up the other end and banged another one in.

De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Mahrez for me were superb that night and ran the show, many good performances followed them and 2 shockers didn't even halt our march to a cruise victory, as for me both Sterling and Rodri on the night were rubbish and have been much better than that, Ferna and Walker were great, Mendy back to somewhere near his best as he shut down their entire right side, Otamendi was ok and Bravo had nothing to do, as well as Gundogan looked composed and even managed to make a few passes forward, so you knew it was a day of miracles then, and to top it all off, we managed to get THREE free-kicks in one match ;h; surprises all over the pitch.
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:38 pm

BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:Pissed this game, and it only took a 15 minute walk-through in training to come up with the plan and an idea of how to implement it.

We never even LOOKED to score a goal in the 2nd half, and was more than happy to take a 3-0 lead back to the Etihad in 3 weeks time and finish it off there in 10-15 minutes when we "click", hell, even when it went to 3-1 we weren't too bothered about it affecting the outcome of this tie, I firmly believe that had the scum of fluked a 2nd like they did the goal they got, then we would simply have walked up the other end and banged another one in.

De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Mahrez for me were superb that night and ran the show, many good performances followed them and 2 shockers didn't even halt our march to a cruise victory, as for me both Sterling and Rodri on the night were rubbish and have been much better than that, Ferna and Walker were great, Mendy back to somewhere near his best as he shut down their entire right side, Otamendi was ok and Bravo had nothing to do, as well as Gundogan looked composed and even managed to make a few passes forward, so you knew it was a day of miracles then, and to top it all off, we managed to get THREE free-kicks in one match ;h; surprises all over the pitch.

Unlike some of our fans i can't see Pep thinking this game is done with, taking the reds for granted is something we should not do, in three weeks time the first goal is going to be important in this game, we get it and it should be over and done with, they get it and it's game on again, the team are going to have to be up for a hard game, as the reds will want to beat us and make a point.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Huey Blue » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:20 pm

They'll probably still be smarting from yesterday ;h;
VAR = Ruining Football since 2019
Huey Blue
Shaun Goater MBE

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Huey Blue wrote:They'll probably still be smarting from yesterday ;h;

If we play as we can then i just can't see us not scoring, i would think the rags would need at least 3 goals just to take us to a possibly extra time, if we get any more and that then that would make their mission more difficult, for me it's who we will face in the final, Leicester will give us more of a problem, but Villa will want revenge for that loss to us a few games ago.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to MCFC Forum