Crystal Palace (H)

Everything football related in here please.

Crystal Palace (H)

Postby Mr-Ed » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:07 pm

When will Pep learn that David Silva and Ismay Gundogan doesn't work? It never has worked and never will work. It is responsible for the majority if dropped points over the last 3 seasons. Our attacking play goes sideways too much and simply isn't quick enough.
Even then we should have won, but John Stones is useless. He has totally lost it since spliting with his wife and really shows no signs of getting back to any sort of form. Arteta wants him at Arsenal - all I can say is SELL.
Fernandinho isn't great as a centre half either, but there you go...
Jesus and Marhez changed the game when they came on and that gave Aguero space scoring two goals in quick sucession. Sadly our central defence has other ideas.
The only good thing about our defence today was Mendy who is getting much better.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: Crystal Palace (H)

Postby Blue on Blue » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Old Blue will defend johns stones to the hilt, or has done in the past..
Do you still believe he's got what it takes old blue ?
Because I also think he's utter shite and belongs at a club like bolton !

Again we got in trouble because of this bell end, should have been a win.
He had Fernando in a right pickle !
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:19 am

Blue on Blue wrote:Old Blue will defend johns stones to the hilt, or has done in the past..
Do you still believe he's got what it takes old blue ?
Because I also think he's utter shite and belongs at a club like bolton !

Again we got in trouble because of this bell end, should have been a win.
He had Fernando in a right pickle !

So i take it you think we are a one man team, and if that man doesn't play well we lose or in this case draw because of him, we have eleven men on the field and had far more of the game than Palace had, yet we failed to score enough goals to win this game, VAR is the one i would be having a go at for not giving City a pen, to say that was not handball is pathetic, if the same player had done the same thing in the City penalty area and the ball had come off his hand and gone into the net, would it have resulted in a goal for Palace or a free kick to City, if he didn't handball it in his own penalty area it couldn't have been handball in ours, as handball is handball no matter where you are when you handball it, as for Stones i will trust in Pep to make the decision on if he stays or goes, and right now he his the best one we have that is fit, we do have young players but why put them in that position, when as a team we are not playing well, it could do them more damage than good in the long run, and i would think Stones not having a partner who knows how to play centre back alongside him, puts more pressure on him to try to cover all angles, it would be the same with a kid alongside Stones, if the kid made a mistake that led to a goal it might set him back months, if Pep doesn't think Stones and Laporte when fit are for him, then i would think he would look to buy someone else come the end of the season, as right now top players are not for sale unless you pay well over the top, and this season is over with as far as we are concerned, and Fernandinho had himself in a right pickle as it was himself who put himself into the position he was in when the ball hit him, the player he was marking was moving away from the six yard box, yer Fernandinho was in it, just a player making a mistake it happens all the time but this time it ended up in our net.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Deffo stonesy at fault for me, hes a total liability.
Poor Ferny, his face said it all. he shouldnt have had to be there wiping stones arse in the first place.
Hope to christ hes gone next season.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:Deffo stonesy at fault for me, hes a total liability.
Poor Ferny, his face said it all. he shouldnt have had to be there wiping stones arse in the first place.

When Kompany left we should have gone for a like for like, and that could or should have been Van Dijk, but is he a Pep player i have my doubts as Pep likes his players to be comfortable on the ball, not every one a manager buys is the right one for the team, maybe Stones isn't the one for us, he maybe a lot better when Lapote comes back, unlike Kompany Stones is not the one to hold the defense together, unlike Kompany who was that kind of player, but it is a team game and this season we have been very poor and paid the penalty for that poor play, when we have played well the defense have not been under pressure to keep the other team out, this season as been a washout for the team, what happens between the end of the season and the start of next season is down to what Pep does and who he buys and sells, this season is over as far as winning the league is concerned, now is the time to look to next season.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:23 am

Im not sure pep would go for a kompany type player, you only have to look at the swap deal with Juve, we let Danilo go for Cancelo.
And while I like Cancelo im not sure letting Danilo go for him was a great idea, he was pretty solid when he played, while Juve fans were glad to see the back of Cancelo because they felt he made too many mistakes they were made up to see Danilo coming in.
Its just the pep mentality, its just so different to the likes of Mancini or Klopp who have a more traditional approach to how that should work.
I know one thing we need a shit hot back 4 for the way Pep likes to play, and frankly we've struggled in quality in this department for a while. Add to the fact we've had a load of trouble with injuries, its all ended up a right nightmare.
Im not saying peps a shit manager or anything, its just that the way he sets us up he needs the best players available in the world, and as for the back line there's only one person who I would call "near" world class so its probably a bridge too far right now with what weve got to hand.
I hope a big rethink is tabled in the closed season on the defence front.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:50 am

Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Deffo stonesy at fault for me, hes a total liability.

When Kompany left we should have gone for a like for like, and that could or should have been Van Dijk, but is he a Pep player i have my doubts as Pep likes his players to be comfortable on the ball, not every one a manager buys is the right one for the team, maybe Stones isn't the one for us, he maybe a lot better when Lapote comes back, unlike Kompany Stones is not the one to hold the defense together, unlike Kompany who was that kind of player, but it is a team game and this season we have been very poor and paid the penalty for that poor play, when we have played well the defense have not been under pressure to keep the other team out, this season as been a washout for the team, what happens between the end of the season and the start of next season is down to what Pep does and who he buys and sells, this season is over as far as winning the league is concerned, now is the time to look to next season.

Spot on.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Return to MCFC Forum