Transfer Strategy

Everything football related in here please.

Transfer Strategy

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 pm

This is in the Manchester Evening News on the City site, it says Brexit could impact on City's and the rags transfer activity, Britain is leaving the EU at the end of January so we can't sign 16 or 17 year, yes but we are not leaving Europe we can't because we are still in Europe, it says that this Summers transfer window will be the last time we can sign 16 or17 year olds, so i take it those in the EU can't sigh any of our 16 or17 year olds, even as we and other countries will still be in Europe, i don't find it a problem as most 16 and 17 year olds don't play many games in the first team, it could work in the youths favour as they will if they are good enough get more of a chance, we might have to train our EDS kids better and hope we get some into the first team, so loaning them out might have to stop or we have the right to call them back at a days notice put into the contract.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: Transfer Strategy

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:42 am

Were looking for an Aguero replacement. We had the chance to buy Haaland but he went to Dortmund. 5 goals in 2 twenty minute cameos for Dortmund say we have messed up. Much as we messed up for Mbappe the summer he joined Monaco.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 am

As to the youth problem- send them to the Girona inside the EU surely?
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 am

Mr-Ed wrote:Were looking for an Aguero replacement. We had the chance to buy Haaland but he went to Dortmund. 5 goals in 2 twenty minute cameos for Dortmund say we have messed up. Much as we messed up for Mbappe the summer he joined Monaco.

Not sure the German league is as strong as ours, and who is to say the replacement for Aguero is not at the club right now, or Pep hasn't decided on who his replacement is and the club he now plays for. the next summer transfer window will tell us who he is going to be, is it Jesus, does he play for another premier league team or for a team in a lower leaguer is he out on loan, none of us know but Pep will have someone in mind.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:13 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Mr-Ed wrote:Were looking for an Aguero replacement. We had the chance to buy Haaland but he went to Dortmund. 5 goals in 2 twenty minute cameos for Dortmund say we have messed up. Much as we messed up for Mbappe the summer he joined Monaco.

Not sure the German league is as strong as ours, and who is to say the replacement for Aguero is not at the club right now, or Pep hasn't decided on who his replacement is and the club he now plays for. the next summer transfer window will tell us who he is going to be, is it Jesus, does he play for another premier league team or for a team in a lower leaguer is he out on loan, none of us know but Pep will have someone in mind.

Edin Dzeko anyone ?
Seem to remember he did alight with us, did alright at Roma too..
Haaland going to be a big gun imo, just don't think he's Peps kind of player, just like I don't think Edin would have been his type of player either, he prefers midgets.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Not Pep's type of player?
Left foot, right foot, headers, pace, passing skills, goal scoring ability in buckets. What more does he need to do?
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Blue on Blue » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:Not Pep's type of player?
Left foot, right foot, headers, pace, passing skills, goal scoring ability in buckets. What more does he need to do?

To lose over 12" in height seems to be the ticket,
we must have the shortest team on average in the league, there's that many occasions when weve needed height in the box ive lost count.
The only striker over 6ft i can think of that peps signed was ibra.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:

we must have the shortest team on average in the league, there's that many occasions when weve needed height in the box ive lost count.

We have known for years that Pep likes his players to play with the ball on the ground, Barcelona won many titles with average size players, so Pep knows what kind of player he wants, being tall my make you good in the air, but footballers who can play with the ball at there feet as worked for him in the past, both here and on the continent so why should he change, if it works why change it.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Today two of our youngsters have departed for other teams, Ian Carlo Poveda to Leeds for 1 million with a buy back clause, that says we can buy him back if we match what the other team will pay for him, or we can take 30 per cent of any money they receive for him, then Henri Ogunby to Burnley the lad played in our under 18s when he was 16, he as scored 17 goals in 51 appearances and 13 assists, now i have not seen either of these two, but if they have what it takes we shouldn't be moving them on, is it City[Pep] who thinks they would be better with another team, or is it them who just can't wait to see if in what two season they are no further along at City then they could ask for a move, as i see it if either of these two lads were first team material i think Pep would have let them know it, they could be good players but have not improved to a standard Pep would have liked.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:06 am

Blue on Blue wrote:

7 goals in his first 3 games, all from the subs bench say Hailand is pretty damn good.
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Next

Return to MCFC Forum