FAC4 - Fulham (H) - Boring?

Everything football related in here please.

FAC4 - Fulham (H) - Boring?

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Went out for dinner with the wife at midday today, when we got back home it was 2-0 and Fulham ad had a man sent off in the 6th minuet, but from about two minutes before our third goal onwards i had the game on, and i have that say City were boring back passing and sideways passing instead of looking for more goals, people have paid good money to be entertained not to be bored, it looked like we had about 10,000 empty seats, and that is something we could see more of if this VAR is not kicked into touch, people are getting fed-up with the on-field ref giving a decision one way, and VAR giving it the other way, well i am at least fed-up with VAR as it should only come into play if the on-field asks for it, yes we won but we could have had more intent on scoring, with six or seven minutes left in the game i turned it over to watch the Cricket, i would have had City attacking right from the off, and if we had gone 4-0 up before half time i would have fetched on 3 of our youth players, yes we won but we didn't do ourselves justice with the me to you you to me passing, even Pep looked fed-up when the camera went on him, and hasn't had to pay to watch this attacking football, score 4-0 performance 4 out of ten from what i watched.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: FAC4 - Fulham (H) - Boring?

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Well we have not been the team we have become used to this season, but one thing under Pep doesn't or hasn't changed, and that is our goal scoring, the second goal against Fulham as become our 100th goal this season, now that is not the first time we have scored 100 goals, so the defence as been the big problem for us this season, they have just not defended like they have in past seasons, like many other fans i think that is because we have filed to replace Vincent Kompany with a like for like, but we all know no manager can get it right every time, i think we will be a better team next season and Pep will get it right, we the fans have to get behind every player and the manager and stand by our players and team, we will come again next season, and even players that have not been as good as we would have hoped they would have been, will be better next season with the way Pep wants them to play, i over the years that i have been a City fan and that is many, have seen many players take a couple of seasons to get used to how the manager wants them to play.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 pm

It's not our fault that the Fulham CH captain thought it was a good idea to wrestle Jesus to the ground. It would have been a bit closer if he hadn't been such am idiot.
We played Foden, Garcia and Angelinio and had the strongest bench I have ever seen.
I'd have liked to have seen Tommy Doyle come on but there you go.
Shrewesbury (H) in the next round please.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:46 pm

The boss was not happy with the attendance for the Fulham game, but i have to say this was a game that should have had more fans at the game, the FA Cup is a comp we have won and would like to win it again no doubt, if City had considered they fans at this time of the year, they would have dropped the price for those under 15 years of age, or families just for this one game, but we could have something similar this Wednesday in a game against the rags, with us being 3-1 up and at home, some of those who have school or work early the next morning might stay away, plus the weather might not help if it's cold the older and younger ones could stay at home.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to MCFC Forum