David Silva

Everything football related in here please.

David Silva

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:08 pm

He i believe as said we are in good hands with Phil Foden, WE are in good hands that tell me how much David loves this club, yes he might know he his not getting any younger and can't do what he once could, but to come out with WE are in good hands about Phil Foden says a lot about the man himself, he classes himself a City fan and that is good enough for me, we love him and that God he joined us not Madrid, and from that one remark he i would say loves us, if we win a trophy this year then David should be the one to lift it, it is his last season and he should be the one to lift any trophy we get this season.

I will say this if Phil Foden comes is within a mile of being as good as David Silva, then he will be one hell of a player and City will have once again one of the best in the world.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: David Silva

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:00 pm

Foden played out of position today but still did OK. I think he will be a star but he does need to play more.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:21 am

Had a very good opportunity to score last night, but that must be the first time he bottled it last night.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:36 am

Old_Blue wrote:Had a very good opportunity to score last night, but that must be the first time he bottled it last night.

Should have been subbed right after that, Pep went ape-shit on the bench and he wasn't the only one.....WTF was Silva thinking or doing there, just HIT the bleeding thing.

I'd have hauled him off after 5 minutes on the pitch and sent Foden on instead after he decided to piss about like that, completely different kind of thing to what he used to do as a young kid, after watching that "Made in Gran Canaria" documentary on his growing up
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Blue on Blue » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 am

He's retired already.. no doubt about it.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:25 am

Blue on Blue wrote:He's retired already.. no doubt about it.

Disagree, he his just what we all are a little bit older and slower, and he had not long been on, so just maybe his brain and decision making were not on the same page.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:46 am

Well, he's hardly getting game time, pep has clearly decided this is the season of handover.. so he's not match fit when he's on.
Like I say, he's out to pasture already in my opinion, had we been competitive in the title race I'm not sure this would be the scenario right now.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:Well, he's hardly getting game time, pep has clearly decided this is the season of handover.. so he's not match fit when he's on.
Like I say, he's out to pasture already in my opinion, had we been competitive in the title race I'm not sure this would be the scenario right now.

Agree if we had be in the hunt for the title D Silva would have played more games, but every player as to come to the end of a great career at some point win time, and maybe even D Silva knows his time is coming to it's end, and that God we have had him at the top of his career, we have been very lucky to have a good few top players in their prime at City, but all good things come to an end, and we then have to start all over again, and that is what we will do under Pep and the Sheikh, or i hope we do.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 am

Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Well, he's hardly getting game time, pep has clearly decided this is the season of handover.. so he's not match fit when he's on.

Agree if we had be in the hunt for the title D Silva would have played more games, but every player as to come to the end of a great career at some point win time, and maybe even D Silva knows his time is coming to it's end, and that God we have had him at the top of his career, we have been very lucky to have a good few top players in their prime at City, but all good things come to an end, and we then have to start all over again, and that is what we will do under Pep and the Sheikh, or i hope we do.

Absolutely, going to really miss David, he's been fantastic.
From the very first moment I saw him when Timisoara came to visit one night many years ago, I remember he ran rings round every bugger that night and right there I thought.. hey up this ones SPECIAL, and so it came to pass.
We truly have been spoilt, and we witnessed something of a golden era that has come to a bit of a splutter of late.
The pep football has been great, but the Mancini era is where it all changed completely and I really do have a misty eye over that period because it was when we finally started to be taken seriously as a club on the way to top of the tree..
Absolutely magic !
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

Absolutely, going to really miss David, he's been fantastic.
From the very first moment I saw him when Timisoara came to visit one night many years ago, I remember he ran rings round every bugger that night and right there I thought.. hey up this ones SPECIAL, and so it came to pass.
We truly have been spoilt, and we witnessed something of a golden era that has come to a bit of a splutter of late.
The pep football has been great, but the Mancini era is where it all changed completely and I really do have a misty eye over that period because it was when we finally started to be taken seriously as a club on the way to top of the tree..
Absolutely magic !

He has been one of the best footballers on the planet for us, and we have all seen first hand why we all love this great ball playing genius, i agree with you blue on blue we have been blessed to have him in our team, he should get a big send off from all us City fans, and we wish him all the luck in the world for what he does after football, but we have others who we will miss just as bad when it is time for them to hang up their boots.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Next

Return to MCFC Forum