City v United

Everything football related in here please.

City v United

Postby Blue on Blue » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:57 pm

Well.. im pretty much lost for words at that frankly.
Were through but...ffs
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: City v United

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:00 am

Too slow and Sloppy.
City should still have scored 4 but our finishing is dreadful. Sterling alone should have had a hat trick - he is running through a dreadful vein of form at the moment.

Still if you're going to win the tie and lose one of the matches, I can live with it.

Of more concern is the fact we are now a one dimensional attacking side. Wing to wing. No passing the ball down the channels or chipping the ball over the top for a foot race. Very little running at the heart of the opposition defence in the centre as well (except Foden who rarely plays). This allows a well drilled defence to put a full back out wide backed up by a centre half. It needs to change.

Ah well were through to the final.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:58 am

Blue on Blue wrote:Well.. im pretty much lost for words at that frankly.
Were through but...ffs

Your lost for words, well i can tell you that BBWDB is far from lost for words, but i can't say he is wrong as they were very poor, most of his words are swearing words i can tell you, the team didn't do the club justice or themselves for that matter, but have to say that the rags goal was not bad at all, but we should have had a few if the players had been good enough on the night.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 am

Whats a real kick in the nuts is the place looked packed, and we still couldnt put a shift in, for sure we were once dimensional.
Bloody annoying match that was !
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:33 am

Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Well.. im pretty much lost for words at that frankly.
Were through but...ffs

Your lost for words, well i can tell you that BBWDB is far from lost for words, but i can't say he is wrong as they were very poor, most of his words are swearing words i can tell you, the team didn't do the club justice or themselves for that matter, but have to say that the rags goal was not bad at all, but we should have had a few if the players had been good enough on the night.

;h; ;h;

Yep I had a rant on Facebook after that performance, lasts for 13 minutes as well, I am surprised I could rant almost for the length of time we bothered to even try and play in that game before switching off and making it look like we were playing an in their prime AC Milan.

Needless to say I didn't like the formation, didn't like the fact that he dropped players from their usual positions to plug gaps in the team, played 2 holding midfield players against THAT LOT at home, 3 at the back and that included 2 of them being full backs, with one of them on the other side of his "best foot", when he had 3 left footed options open to him!!......strikers and midfielders that did nothing, stand there, refuse to shoot and then that brings me onto David Silva and Raheem Sterling, one is in need of a rest and it shows and the longer he continues to not get one, the longer we are going to suffer and have to wait for his form to return....he needs a bloody break, the other for me shouldn't have seen a 5th minute of his involvement on the pitch, WTF was Silva doing passing it back after Maguire had gifted him the chance to score, for that alone he should have been hauled off and Foden brought on, as I guarantee one thing Foden would have bloody hit it.

I couldn't help but swear after that performance, I held back as well on the swearing front for the camera!! ;g;
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Have to say BBWDB that Sterling doesn't need a rest, that won't help him get his form back, the only thing that will do that is himself on the pitch, you have to play through any loss of form, as form is temporary but skill is permanent and his form will return, as for David Silva i would think even he doesn't know why he didn't take the shot, probably a brain freeze nothing more on his part, but yes you are right Pep had the wrong formation for the players he had on the pitch, but even if we had one of those bad days we won overall, so on to the next game THE FINAL.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to MCFC Forum