Spurs (A)

Everything football related in here please.

Spurs (A)

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Dreadful finishing. Dreadful defending.
Honestly how did we lose this game?
Still Sterling being injured might do us a favour as his game has gone backwards since Christmas.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: Spurs (A)

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Pep didn't look interested, he looked he was waiting for a delayed flight at an airport for most of the game !
Summats up, not 100% sure what.. but without a doubt, summit is seriously amiss this season all over the shop..
Looking forward to Madrid like root canal..
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:07 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:Pep didn't look interested, he looked he was waiting for a delayed flight at an airport for most of the game !
Summats up, not 100% sure what.. but without a doubt, summit is seriously amiss this season all over the shop..

The thing that is wrong with City this season is our finishing, we need someone who is 100% confidant when taking a penalty and I don't see that play at City just now, the passing and movement from last season is missing and we don't look the same team, I would think Pep as players in mind for coming and going in the summer transfer window, if we had gone in at worst 1-0 up and not had a man sent off we would not have lost today, but we didn't and did and they then came out of defending and looked to score and once they did the game was over, we just are below our best and we need to get back to doing what we have for the last 4 seasons, if we can we will be to good for the likes of Spurs and maybe even Liverpool next season.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:25 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Pep didn't look interested, he looked he was waiting for a delayed flight at an airport for most of the game !

The thing that is wrong with City this season is our finishing, we need someone who is 100% confidant when taking a penalty and I don't see that play at City just now, the passing and movement from last season is missing and we don't look the same team, I would think Pep as players in mind for coming and going in the summer transfer window, if we had gone in at worst 1-0 up and not had a man sent off we would not have lost today, but we didn't and did and they then came out of defending and looked to score and once they did the game was over, we just are below our best and we need to get back to doing what we have for the last 4 seasons, if we can we will be to good for the likes of Spurs and maybe even Liverpool next season.

Thing is.. why the seismic change this season..
Mostly same players, he doesn't have the same oomph pitch side, he's either burnt out or not arsed.
Look lie losing a match two seasons ago he would lose his shit, now he expects it !
Im not having it that we need to shift half the team next season to actually hold the ball and stop letting in stupid goals.
He seems to be having some kind of mourinho type crisis that's reminiscent of that United spell, and all that was down to his Mrs not wanting to go to Manchester
and stay around London.
Time will tell to what's going on, but I've said it before he looks depressed to me..
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:56 pm

It's quite simple, Pep has to drop players who are not performing. Garcia and Foden must get more game time for a start. Jesus as a left winger too.
Pep doesn't drop players, so the players think they can keep serving up shite.
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:22 pm

Blue on Blue, what we should do come the next transfer window is we must get one new centre backs possibly two, if he his not happy with either right or left full backs he must get players he likes in, he can leave the midfield and attack alone, so four at most and all in defence, this season we have been very poor at centre back and not consistent at full back, like any champion winning team you need a strong and hard to beat defence, i hope next season we can stop getting so many booking as that doesn't help either, maybe he could also look for Aguero's replacement as next season could be his last, he might want to stay a season longer but we won't know that till near the end of next season.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 am

Old_Blue wrote:Blue on Blue, what we should do come the next transfer window is we must get one new centre backs possibly two, if he his not happy with either right or left full backs he must get players he likes in, he can leave the midfield and attack alone, so four at most and all in defence, this season we have been very poor at centre back and not consistent at full back, like any champion winning team you need a strong and hard to beat defence, i hope next season we can stop getting so many booking as that doesn't help either, maybe he could also look for Aguero's replacement as next season could be his last, he might want to stay a season longer but we won't know that till near the end of next season.

yeah we need to rework that defence next season, I just hope peps got the stomach for it, he looks utterly done in at the moment I've got an awful feeling he might suprise us at the end of the season with news we don't want to hear. Lets hope we can get something out of this season and get that spring back in his step.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:56 am

Oh yeah, and we need to fecking shoot far more often than we do! Our passing is like the Chuckle Brothers ("To me." "To You." "To Me ...").
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Blue on Blue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 am

Ive deleted the other empty duplicate thread, it appeared to have gone on twice as they sometimes do..
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:Oh yeah, and we need to fecking shoot far more often than we do! Our passing is like the Chuckle Brothers ("To me." "To You." "To Me ...").

We have played that way since the Sheikh took over the club, and it hasn't done us any harm before, but this season is a poor one for the players and the club, but that could change if Pep stays and gets the players he want in for the start of next season, it's not the passing like from me to you and you to me, it's the movement of the players who don't have the ball that as been poor this season, and the defence as been as bad as i have seen it for seven years or so, and that could be because we have not had the ball like we normally have had.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to MCFC Forum