Game against WHU - Postponed.

Everything football related in here please.

Game against WHU - Postponed.

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:36 am

Todays game can't go ahead not with this wind as it will only get stronger today, i just can't see todays game being allowed to go ahead, it could end in a lottery and not in a proper game of football, but the ref also as the fans to think about, not just ours who will have to drive to the game, but also the away fans who will be on their way to the game even now at 10-30 on the morning of the game, if the forecast is for the game to be played in heavy winds and rain the travelling fans must be his first decision, as they will have to get back home after the game, so myself i just can't see this game today going ahead.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: Game against WHU

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Postponed at 11:21
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: Game against WHU

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:Postponed at 11:21

Not one bit surprised at that, but what in Gods name why is a game in Sheffield is going ahead, Bournemouth fans have to get there and then get back home, myself i still think it will not be played, so the ref needs to think about those away fans who will right now be travelling down.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: Game against WHU - Postponed.

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Would you Adam & Eve it, look at the weather now, sunshine wind died down what a bloody day this as turned out to be, still it could pick up again at any time we just don't know, but i will say this when the game was called off that was the right decision at the time, still it is off so we now have to wait and see when it is on again.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Would you Adam & Eve it, look at the weather now, sunshine wind died down what a bloody day this as turned out to be, still it could pick up again at any time we just don't know, but i will say this when the game was called off that was the right decision at the time, still it is off so we now have to wait and see when it is on again.

Not for long mate, the second wave is inbound..
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Would you Adam & Eve it, look at the weather now, sunshine wind died down what a bloody day this as turned out to be, still it could pick up again at any time we just don't know, but i will say this when the game was called off that was the right decision at the time, still it is off so we now have to wait and see when it is on again.

Not for long mate, the second wave is inbound..

Yes it is on it's way, and the first lot did some damage to the wooden fencing at the back, if i come out of this with just two maybe three new fences needed i will have got away with it.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:00 am

We may be pulled back from our holibobs 3 days early to replay the game.
Alternatively as West Ham are not in Europe during the UEFA CL R16 ganes then after United on Tue10/03, Wed 11/03 or Thu 12/03 is a possibility though UEFA may insist in a 6pm KO.
There are two weeks available later in the season but we have the Arsenal (H) game to play then. Maybe Chelsea (A) and Newcastle (H) as well if we progress to the FA cup SF.

Tue 21/Wed 22/04/20 - PL.RescheduledGameWindow.1
Tue 12/Wed 13/05/20 - PL.RescheduledGameWindow.2
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Return to MCFC Forum