The government.

Everything else.

The government.

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:57 am

After this debacle by Mrs May we now have a government with no power and no mandate, we will now get all those remainers saying we must stay in the single market and the customs union, I didn't have a vote on going into the EU but I had one for coming out and took it with both hands, she could have took us out lock stock and barrel before calling an election, but now she won't be able to because she messed it up, I know we are big enough to stand on our own two feet and do deals with the rest of the world, but some of those in parliament and outside of parliament think only Germany can lead us.

Many families had relatives killed fighting Germany in the last war, now them same families think we should now be subservient to the same country we fought against, I have never wanted to be in this EU and that will never change, Mrs May should do one thing and that is appoint Nigel Farage as the brexit leader, he won't take any shit of them and they will defiantly know dealing with him won't be easy, under the EU we can't deport people without their approval, they can overrule our laws they don't agree with, and we can't do business with any country we want unless we get the approval form the EU, so by staying in this EU organisation the last world war was a waste of time, we shouldn't have had it and now we would all be German.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Re: The government.

Postby Mr-Ed » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Of course the government has a mandate they beat Labour by 60 seats!
At some point the Labour party will stop partying and realise this too!
I could never see the Brexit working on the Irish border without us remaining in the customs union anyway (like Turkey). So for me thats a win.
We simply join Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Bailiwick of Guernsey, Bailiwick of Jersey, and the Isle of Man in the EU customs union and the Ireland problem goes away.
OK we have to charge the same external Tariff as the rest of the EU but no tariffs are charged on business between us and the rest of the EU - which would be a major win for UK business.

May is fecked but for me thats a good thing. She'll be gone within 3 months and hopefully the Conservative party will elect someone with Charisma who can appeal to the centrist voter like myself - e.g. David Davis. I bloody wish Ruth Donaldson was an MP at Westminster mind. What a campaign she ran! What a political street fighter. Virtual balls as big as Footballs this one.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Re: The government.

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:47 am

The mandate she wanted she didn't get so her mandate is not that strong, is she strong enough to get the Brexit the country voted for, we know she is weak at having to make people believe her and standing up for policies she may not believe in, she maybe a lot tougher when going one on one with the EU, her party now as to stand by her and back her if not then another election is on the cards, if that happens then a new leader of the country will happen, Boris Johnson is someone who could lead the Conservatives but would he be the one to lead the country, then you have David Davis who would be a better leader and would also be a Brexiter.

The country needs a leader who will look the part and one who believes in Brexit, and on that account she failed badly, and that brings David Davis or Michael Gove as well as Boris to the forefront, but whoever becomes PM after she leaves they have to believe in Brexit and go and get it.

In the talks with the EU she should walk out if they try to get money out of us, we have put enough money into this organisation and that should be it, as I see when you leave something you don't give it money, she should stand tough and be prepared to walk away.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Return to Off Topic