Newly Registered Users

Any questions about the forum or management of the forum in here please.

Newly Registered Users

Postby Blue Tones » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Hello, don't worry if your first few posts are not being displayed as we have set them to be moderated up to a small number of posts to stop spam on the website. Once we find that you are a true poster then you will be unrestricted there after.

BT
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans - 1980 John Lennon "Beautiful Boy"
Blue Tones
Site Admin

Re: Newly Registered Users

Postby blue nose » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Blue Tones wrote:Hello, don't worry if your first few posts are not being displayed as we have set them to be moderated up to a small number of posts to stop spam on the website. Once we find that you are a true poster then you will be unrestricted there after.

BT

what a bloody good idea BT
blue nose
I love all that be Colin Bell I am MCFC-Forum Legend

Postby Dizzy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:58 pm

blue nose wrote:
Blue Tones wrote:Hello, don't worry if your first few posts are not being displayed as we have set them to be moderated up to a small number of posts to stop spam on the website. Once we find that you are a true poster then you will be unrestricted there after.

BT

what a bloody good idea BT

*cough* he let a Lid in... :$
Dizzy

Postby liquid len » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:39 am

Blue Tone!!!! I'm not SPAM...!!! I'm just italian... :D
I know that for much people it's the same.... but no, not me!!!!!
How many posts I have to write before they has been showed on the Forum?
(...mhmmm... they has been showed... but is it right?? )
ciaoooooo
liquid len

Postby Blue Tones » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

liquid len wrote:Blue Tone!!!! I'm not SPAM...!!! I'm just italian... :D
ciaoooooo

Hi len and a big warm welcome, Dia il benvenuto al mio amico italiano.

Don't worry you will no longer need to have your posts approved :thumbup:
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans - 1980 John Lennon "Beautiful Boy"
Blue Tones
Site Admin

Postby liquid len » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 pm

Blue Tones wrote:
ciaoooooo

Thaaaaaankss BTones... and thank for your appreciated italian welcome!!
liquid len

Postby Huey Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 am

liquid len wrote:
Blue Tones wrote:
ciaoooooo

Thaaaaaankss BTones... and thank for your appreciated italian welcome!!

Creep ;)
Huey Blue
Shaun Goater MBE

Postby mcfctop4 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 am

I understand now why I have not been able to post of send messages.. lol

The reason I came here was actually to send yourself as an Admin, a message..

I also understand this is to be moderated so therefore I can see no harm in posting this as it will not be visible to the public..

This is a transcript of the Email I wished to send to you.

LETTER OF INTEREST REGARDING SUPPORT

10/04/2010

To whom it may concern,

We are a Manchester City Fans Forum ( www.mcfcforum.com ) that is seeking the approval of and from a select few supporter groups (by means of linking us to your home page or main portal and in return we can do the same) that we feel are established and have a genuine support base, in our effort to pull City supporters world wide, together into a common place where we can talk, have fun, exchange thoughts and Ideas and just generally keep in touch to support our great team..

Our organization, established only in March 2010 serves an already vastly expanding supporter base in Manchester itself, we have supporters from all over England and we have stretched our feelers already to Australia, Canada, The United States and recently Indonesia and Asia.. So as you can see we have a vast exposure rate as it is anyway, but feel in order to create a strong interwoven Fan Base we need to all work together in pulling our support into one..

The project for which we are requesting support for will Benefit people from the club by showing the players and club officials that we DO have a willing and able bunch of people supporting the club from all over the world and that we are willing to put our views forward, stand up , and be counted. We are anticipating a few members of Manchester Football Club itself to be present from time to time as was the case where we were located last time as a forum..

At this time, we are pleased to have received support from a couple of sites such as the Manchester Reserves and Youth Academy site, we are in the process of being linked directly to Manchester Cities Official site which should be happening as we speak from what I understand, and we have maintained a tie with a few other supporter groups which feel we are going to be the way forward and are looking to possibly pool their resources into ours.

As you can see our project which is entirely self funded by the original core of supporters that came together to create such a fine site, is coming along at leaps and bounds so far already. We are on average picking up 4-7 new members a day through advertising on only two medias, Facebook and Twitter. We feel with the added support of a fine supporter group such as yours we could achieve an even greater following. The larger the following, the more chance there is that we will be heard and things CAN truely be achieved through pressure on boards such as this.

We invite you to visit our site www.mcfcforum.com at your convenience. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. If you speak to one of the following people on the board either via PM or Email we will gladly fill you in on everything that is needed. BlueWolf, bluemooner_mcfc, Kevez, severedgein, snozzablue or myself mcfctop4

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

mcfctop4

Now before muc more is said about this, I would like to state VERY clearly that I am in no way trying to undermine anything you have created here, in the same way Im not trying to "poach" members or anything of the sorts.. What I am proposing or begging the question of is wether or not you would be interested in supporting us and helping us out, in the same way we could possibly help you guys out or even maybe down the line, being as we are similarly named, look towards a possible merger of some sorts.

I see your user base is struggling a little bit at about 81 or so but I also see that it seems to be quite a loyal core of members, well we have been up for 3 weeks and have over 90 already once again the core of us branched off from another BIG forum as we did not like the way the heirachy ran it.. We are averaging 4-7 new members a day and this is the first genuine push we have made at advertising ourselves to people..

Feel free to email me at larrys_323@hotmail.com or pop over to the forums and have a look for yourself, maybe have a chat in the live chat box aswell..

Many Thanks,

mcfctop4
mcfctop4

Postby Blue Tones » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes our core of members is relatively small however in my opinion we have a great set and are quite happy with the volume of posts. We have had many members join but many profiles have been deleted as they have been for spam purposes, they usually register and leave the accounts dormant, just something to be wary of if it happens on your site too. We will happily link you if you like I just need to find the time to do it. I will do it in the next few days. I will pop over and take a peek to when I get the time :thumbup:
Blue Tones
Site Admin

Return to Site Help