City transfers

Everything football related in here please.

Re: City transfers

Postby BornBlueWillDieBlue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:56 am

Blue on Blue wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:Unless he can do the job of everyone on the team it would be seen as a massive failure.
we need to build a new team like klop did.
Its a nice romantic idea, but ultimately would be a load of bollocks in my opinion and put out development back even further .

I can't see City and Messi coming together, but he could be a big help to they youth players if he did come, if they the youth players can't learn anything form him they need to be sold, but this i would think is the Sun news paper fantasising, i don't believe for a second that Barcelona would want to lose him.

One more thing I don't think we have a youth player that could lace Messi boots, but even as I doubt very much he would leave Barca for City, if he ever did then I do think we have some good young players, who could be working with the great man could only improve there game, for as I see it I have yet to see an outstanding youth player other than the two who are now in the first team squad, we don't need to build a new team like Klopp did we just need to improve the one we have.

Hmmm I don't know, I think we do need to rebuild quite a lot.
We have a lot of age in the side, there's a lot to do in the closed season I reckon.

We have a few old players who need to be moved on and replaced............Otamendi, Bravo and David Silva
2 more old players who we can still get a year or two out of at the level they play, due to their fitness levels and mentality (Fernandinho and Aguero), but they don't need to be sold.

I personally think we are going to be needing to get 6 players this summer

2 CBs
1 LB
1 CM
1 Winger
1 Striker

To replace Otamendi, Stones, David Silva and Leroy Sane, the LB will allow Zinchenko to move into his favoured midfield role and the striker is needed to support Aguero AND Jesus

The only problem is we won't spend the money needed to get the very best players for them roles, but a 2nd or 3rd tier player to save money and be the only side to worry about adhearing to FFP rules
BornBlueWillDieBlue
Youth Setup U18

Postby Old_Blue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:38 pm

What City will do is what Pep thinks is best for the club, he likes players who can play his way, and if and only if he thinks they need changing that will be his decision, and if he wants new players for a certain position, he will do his best to get the type of player that he knows can play football his way, and he will move out players who he sees as not the kind he wants in his team, or for that matter a player who he doesn't think can handle English Premier League football and it's physicality.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 am

BornBlueWillDieBlue wrote:We have a few old players who need to be moved on and replaced............Otamendi, Bravo and David Silva
2 more old players who we can still get a year or two out of at the level they play, due to their fitness levels and mentality (Fernandinho and Aguero), but they don't need to be sold.

I personally think we are going to be needing to get 6 players this summer

2 CBs
1 LB
1 CM
1 Winger
1 Striker

To replace Otamendi, Stones, David Silva and Leroy Sane, the LB will allow Zinchenko to move into his favoured midfield role and the striker is needed to support Aguero AND Jesus

The only problem is we won't spend the money needed to get the very best players for them roles, but a 2nd or 3rd tier player to save money and be the only side to worry about adhearing to FFP rules

Yep, im not going to disagree with any of that.
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:15 pm

If Pep wants to buy this or that player we should get them, if the owners want this club to win trophies under Pep, and of course keep Pep as manager they will do what he wants, if they don't and we win nothing nest season, Pep will be on his way to another club who want to win things, he is the best manager we have had at City since Mercer & Allison.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Old_Blue » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Bayern Munich President sends transfer massage to Leroy Sane, now i would think as Leroy is our player they[Bayern] can't do what he says they have, i will wait and see if Leroy wants out of City, but surely Bayern Munich are breaking the law in doing what he says they have, if that was us going for one of their players it would now be before EUFA to decide who much punishment they would give us in terms of money, so if Bayern get away with this then we can do the same to any team for any player, we still have to know what Leroy Sane wants as he so far as said nothing, he is or as been one of our best players when he as been on top form, but if he decides to stay then we must get him to sign a five year contract, now the two have to come together and we have to let him know we want him with us,
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:52 am

There are no tapping up rules in Germany because:
1. Bayern Munich tap up every single player that goes to the club.
2. Bayern Munich control the German League.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Blue on Blue » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:There are no tapping up rules in Germany because:

Bunch of arrogant knobheads bayern, one thing i will say is when boateng left us for them, i thought to myself well theres a match made in heaven !
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Mr-Ed » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Blue on Blue wrote:

Bunch of arrogant knobheads bayern, one thing i will say is when boateng left us for them, i thought to myself well theres a match made in heaven !

Quite.
They're tapping up Firmino at Liverpool as well as Sane now.
Manchester City - Ruining Football since 2008
Its always 11:11
Mr-Ed
Site Admin

Postby Old_Blue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Mr-Ed wrote:
Blue on Blue wrote:

Quite.
They're tapping up Firmino at Liverpool as well as Sane now.

If they can tap up none British we can tap up those that are British in Germany, if we want them that is.
Old_Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

Postby Blue on Blue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Old_Blue wrote:

If they can tap up none British we can tap up those that are British in Germany, if we want them that is.

Yeah time to hound dortmund for halland and Sancho ;e;
Blue on Blue
Paul Dickov Style Legend

PreviousNext

Return to MCFC Forum